Custom Search

Friday, February 27, 2009

Car Modifying #2



Hello again. For those of you who have read the first post and are now comfortable with more dificult modifications or just wanted to find out more he it is. So you want an easier way to find specific car parts. Again google is the best bet. For me, in the process of modifying my own car I started with the exterior and worked my way in. From google I wanted to maybe see if there was anything available in the headlight department. I knew from past experience that headlights can be upgraded so to speak. Sure enough, when I typed in cobalt headlights in the search field, the results did not dissapoint. It listed abunch of sites that offered aftermarket headlights. These headlights came in a variety of styles and colors. For the most part the projector headlights interested me the most in comparison to the exact type of headlights that i already had on exept the background changed color. The image to the right and below are the type of headlight that I ordered. Also check different sites, there is alot of competition out there are which includes competitive prices. they are simple to install. there are just two bolts with the size of the bolt labeled on the top of the bolt. for mine the size was approximately 9.8 mm. So a 10mm socket worked perfectly. just remove the bolts holding the headlight in place and pull it out. Yours may require that the grill be unbolted to help remove the headlight. some adice on these though. they are department of transportation approved, so cops cannot give you a ticket just because you have them. they can however give you a ticket if they, just like the originalls dont work properly. for my car and these headlights run around 260 bucks. From the front end i then moved to the rear and looked, using the same google method, for the tail lights. I wanted led tail lights, leds are simply smaller bulbs but much brighters than standard bulbs. The ones right below are a picture of the ones that I have on my car. At the end of this post I will give a link to a site that allows people to register for free and post pictures of your car. This is a good site to go through because you can see other cars and view exactly what they have done and what the name of the parts and where they get them from. You can ask people like yourself about pretty much anything. people rate your car and give advice about what they think should be your next step.

the link here goes to my car:http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3146230

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Custom Search